January 3, 2013

Darnit, I can’t afford that…

Okay, so it’s been quite some time since my last update here.  I’ve been busy trying to get my photography business going this year so my personal projects have fallen by the wayside.  I’m trying to get back to posting on a more frequent basis and I’m still purchasing and reading about stamps that fit into my collecting topic.

One of the ways that I keep my toes in the stamp market is by automatic notifications of new auctions for related materials at BidStart (I very rarely purchase anything on eBay any more, but that’s a story for another time).  Today’s notifications included one item that I would love to add to my collection, a used off-paper U.S. Scott #9 with a very clear “MAR 4” cancellation that is almost socked on the nose (but the year is not present), but even at the current $247.50 listing price, it is out of my budget.  Well, I guess I’ll keep watching the notifications and when my finances allow again, I’ll bid then.

No comments:

Post a Comment